Hello again Stars and welcome back to my blog. Over the past week I have been nominated for two Liebster awards which is super exciting but, because of the show that I'm working on and starting a new job I haven't had time to answer them. So (finally) here are my answers and my nominations for both of the lovely people who nominated me!
1. Answer the questions sent to you.
2. Nominate 11 bloggers who have under 200 followers on Twitter.
3. Ask them 11 questions thought of by yourself.
4. Notify them that they have been nominated.
The first person who nominated me was @megandoesbeauty on Twitter. Here are her questions and my answers!
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
Anna at Vivianna Does Makeup was my inspiration to start my blog and my vlog. She encouraged me through notes back and forth on Twitter and answering any and all of my questions. Also, I have a love for makeup (well, duh) and I wanted a creative outlet to show that love and, poof!, my blog was born.
2. What three cosmetic products could you not live without?
Hmmm, this is tricky narrowing it down to three. I think my first product would have to be my Rimmel Scandaleyes Curve Alert mascara, my Naked 3 palette, and my NARS blush in Super Orgasm.
3. What are the first three things you do when you wake up?
First I check my phone to see what's going on in the world, I then play with my dog for a little bit, and then I go and brush my teeth and wash my face.
4. What was the last thing you bought for yourself?
Some Icing products from their 75% off sale.
5. What is the most underrated beauty brand and why?
Personally I think Revlon gets really underrated because, well, I'm not sure really. I just feel they're underrated.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Being on time.
7. One piece of blogging advice for your new fellow bloggers.
Have fun with it!
8. What is your signature makeup look?
Black eyeliner, slightly flushed cheek, and red lips.
9. What is your latest cosmetic product craze?
It would definitely have to be my new found love of E.L.F products. They are so price conscious and yet good quality.
10. How are you finding your new blogging lifestyle?
Well, I've actually had this blog for going on two years now but about a month ago I decided to revamp my blog, create a YouTube Channel, create a Twitter account, and really try to spread my reach out on social media.
11. What is your best style/beauty/fashion tip?
Wear it proudly, no matter what you're wearing on your body or on your face. Rock the catwalk of life.
Next I was nominated by the lovely Alyssa Melanie also known as @angsavvy on Twitter and here are her questions and my answers!
1. What is your blog about? Why did you choose to blog about it?
My blog is about all things beauty and style, but not necessarily fashion. I chose to blog about that because I love makeup so much and I wanted to share my ideas with people and review products that were both good and bad.
2. Who is your inspiration for your blog?
The inspiration for my blog is really no one actually. It's more the idea that beauty comes from the within.
3. If you could take 5 makeup/beauty/fashion item with you to heaven, what would they be?
First would be my MAC Skin Mineralize in Soft and Gentle, second would be my Naked 3 palette, next would probably be my Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, fourth would be my Bath and Body Works lotion in Stress Relief, and finally I would bring my Vera Wang perfume.
4. When did you start blogging? What made you do it?
I started blogging about two years ago because I had started reading Anna's blog over at Vivianna Does Makeup and was inspired to start my own.
5. Would you buy clothes, makeup or beauty products you haven’t tried on or tested? Why?
Sometimes, it would depend on if I knew the brand well and if I knew I already liked the product.
6. Do you think it’s worth shelling out money for designer and high-end brands? Why?
Personally, if the product works for you and you know that you won't have to buy anything else (like a million drugstore foundations if you have one high end one that works on you) I would say that it definitely is worth it.
7. How do you test makeup (especially lipsticks) products at the counter? Do you sanitize them first? Explain how.
I never test them on my lips, I always swatch them on my hand. If it looks grody or gross at all, I don't even swatch it on my hand.
8. Would you review a product from a fashion or beauty brand you don’t really like? Why?
I would because every brand has good and bad reviews, it's how they improve their cosmetic or fashion product.
9. What is your favorite drugstore brand? Which of their products do you love?
My favorite drugstore brand would have to be a tie between Revlon and NYX. From Revlon I love their foundation and primer. From NYX, I really like their lip butters (surprise surprise) but also their blushes, normal and baked.
10. What brand is your most expensive bag? Why did you choose to buy it?
The most expensive brand I own is Urban Decay. I bought it because I love their products and that they are Vegan.
11. Do you join blog giveaways? Why?
Every once in a while I will, just for the fun of it, but I don't win so it's all just a big game. Why? I don't really have a reason I just do :D
1. Why did you name your blog/vlog/twitter what you did?
2. What is your favorite high end beauty product?
3. Do you use drugstore brands? If so, what do you recommend?
4. Are you and Ulta gal or a Sephora gal or a MAC gal?
5. What is your favorite blusher?
6. Liquid, pencil, or gel liner?
7. Who or what inspired you to write your blog?
8. How do you swatch things that you might want to buy?
9. Do you have a morning and night time routine?
10. Lipstick or Lipgloss?
11. What is your favorite movie?
Who I nominate:
I can't wait to read your answers to my questions! XOXO