BE BOLD, BE BEAUTIFUL, BE YOU!
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
BE BOLD, BE BEAUTIFUL, BE YOU!
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Thursday, April 23, 2015
2. NARS blush in Super Orgasm is probably my all time favorite blush. I love glitter and so the fact that it had gold glitter flecks in the blush is what drew me to it. The big plus was that the peachy gold colored blush the glitter was in was absolutely gorgeous and was the final nail in shopping coffin and it found it's way into my Sephora basket. It is highly pigmented which means all I have to use is a very light hand and you get a very nice color pay off. I have a mini travel size of this color too, that's how much I love it.
3. Maybelinne's Dream Bouncy Blush in 30 Candy Coral. I don't quite know how to explain the texture of this blush. It's not a cream and it's not a powder but it is 'bouncy', like, you press it and it bounces back a little bit. However you would describe the texture, it does nothing to compare to the product itself. Note that with this blush you can really only use a stippling brush or your finger and my favorite brush to use is the E.L.F. small stippling brush, ANYWAYYY. The color is absolutely amazing and beautiful, and the color pay off is just WOW! You have to use a very light hand or you will be blending for days, that's how pigmented it is.
4. NYX powder blush in Pinched, I have to say that I only purchased this because they said it was a drugstore dupe for the NARS Orgasm blush (it actually kind of is) but since then have come to love it as it's own. It's a peachy pink color with a slight to mid golden shimmer running through it, and I absolutely love it. It is a bit powdery but not so much that it takes me off it.
5. Tarte 24 Hour Blush in Adored, this is full size (I believe) that I got in a gift set. It's a bright baby, almost Barbie, pink with a silver/white glitter running through the entire blush. I think this is a gorgeous color, especially for spring and summer because it is so fresh and so beautiful. This isn't very powdery and it blend pretty well, it's sort of in the middle in the road in that aspect. As for the 24 hour claim, I don't know about that, but I do know that it lasts at least 10-12 hours when I wear it, which is super fantastic.
What are some of your favorite blushes? I'm dying to know! XOXO
Be Bold, Be Beautiful, Be You!
Monday, April 20, 2015
Hello there Stars! How many of you, like me, are pale caspers out there reading this blog right now? How many? (Comment down below, promise I don't bite!) You probably think to yourself, oh, I can't wear nude lipstick or lipgloss because it will make me look paler than I already am but I'm here to tell you, help is on the way! You can go for a nude pink or you can actually go for a nude, nude, like I'm holding in my hands above (which I'm missing one product but we'll get to that later). The two things I'm holding is the Wet n Wild lipstick (with the flat slanted rounded tops) in 902C in 'Bare it All' and in my other hand is the NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in 104 'Sweetheart'. You can either wear these apart but I prefer to wear them together because the lipstick can look a bit harsh in bright sunlight. The other product that I didn't photograph but want to mention is the Gerard Cosmetics lip gloss in Nude. While it is more of a pinky nude, it does lean quite heavily to the nude side. I got this a month or two ago and when I put it on the first time I was in love. One swipe and I wasn't washed out, I didn't look like Casper with lipstick on, it actually looked really nice. The best part was that it helped to lighten, i.e. brighten but less, my face and made me smile ear to ear. These are my favorite nude options for if you're quite pale but what are yours? It doesn't matter the skin tone, I would just love to hear from my Stars. If you would like to see a look either on here or on my YouTube Channel please let me know down below so I can get that up as soon as possible for you guys. Always remember:
Be Bold, Be Beautiful, Be You. XOXO
I have been getting Birchbox for the past two years but recently I decided I would like to try the Ipsy Bag and now, inspired by eleventhgorgeous, I'm going to do a Birchbox vs. Ipsy match! Keep reading to see my thoughts on the products and who wins!
1. Hey Honey Good Morning - Honey Silk Facial Serum
2. Hikari Cosmetics- Blush in Tango
3. the Balm cosmetics- Nude Dude eyeshadow single in Fit ( a shimmery copper)
4. Starlooks- Satin Finish lip gloss in Cuddle
5. Jor'el Parker- Femina Perfume with notes such as Meyer Lemon, White Grapefruit, Satsuma Mandarin, Summer Forsythia, Pink Plumeria, Wild Verbena, Tahitian Vanilla, Sensual Musk.
Response: I was so very pleased with this bag, especially since it was my first! A full size blush, a ROLLERBALL perfume sample, a High End (or what I consider high end) shadow sample, a sample lipgloss larger than my finger nail, and an awesome (review coming soon) serum for during the day. This was such an amazing thing to receive in the mail, and I am so so so glad I signed up. If you want to sign up and try Ipsy, click this link and sign up! Click this and sign up today!!!
2. Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
3. Whish Shaving Cream (not pictured)
4. Harvey Prince Hello Liquid Loofa
5. Jelly Pong Pong GLOW GETTER highlighter.
Response: I really wasn't pleased when I opened my box and saw the Whish shaving cream, I've gotten it so many times in my box and I absolutely hate the brand. I don't know what it is about it exactly, I just really don't like it- so I gave it to my dad. I am excited though, to try the other things. Especially the Harvey Prince face wash and the Jelloy Pong Pong highlighter. I love Harvey Prince and you guys know I love my highlighters. I finally have a travel sized shampoo to go with my travel size conditioner in my travel bag and the face rejuvinator I'll have to be careful about because my skin is quite sensitive now. Big bonus though, no foil packets from Birchbox, yay!!!
All in all, I think Ipsy won hands down because the products were nice and they were very generouns trial sizes instead of foil packets or itty bitty lip glosses the size of my finger tip (yes I'm looking at you Birchbox) I'm very pleased with my bag and shall continue my subscription. As for Birchbox, I may not renew it when the time comes. Sorry.
Do you get these boxes/bags? Which do you prefer and what did you get this month? XOXO
Saturday, April 4, 2015
Hello Stars! Today, I'm going to teach you about (and hope you learn) what to use when your makeup keeps slipping off your face during a hot or busy day. Now you may be wondering why I am showing the setting spray by E.L.F. and Suave hairspray instead of just using Urban Decay's setting spray and the Kat Von D setting spray. I am doing this because both of these are very affordable and you can get them for under ten dollars- that's for both of them together! Suave is usually $2.79 at Target and the E.L.F. spray is $3. The E.L.F. one works great for everyday during the day, going to be sitting in an office, or something like that. It is neither matte nor dewy, which is perfect for those who just want their makeup set and not the added 'bonus' of the matte or dewy thing. So, I would use E.L.F. on a day to day basis. Now, as for the hairspray, that's saved for special occasions because, while it doesn't break you out (at least it doesn't for me), it is very sticky at first and it is hairspray BUT if you use this, your makeup is not going anywhere. I use this especially when I am a makeup artist on a musical or play because those actors will sweat their makeup off in seconds, I am one so I know, but this holds it all in place nicely. If you don't feel safe using an aeresol spray, look for hairspray in the non aeresol version. It is harder to find, but it is possible if you look at Sally's beauty supply or Tiffany's beauty supply. Thanks for reading, guys, and have a great holiday!
Be Bold, Be Beautiful, Be You. XOXO
Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Hey Stars! Here is my latest video from my Youtube channel EmmaDelfosseMUA, so feel free to check that out to subscribe (if you feel like it, but I would love you forever and ever and ever). Be sure to get some tea and cookies before watching this because it's a bit long but it's not just makeup and skin care- I talk about books and music and tea so there is a little bit of everything for everyone. I hope you all enjoy and just remember:
Be Bold, Be Beautiful, Be You